Home > Brailler Service and Repair
Brailler Service and Repair
In operation since the late 1950's, the Perkins Brailler® Repair Center is located on the campus of Perkins School for the Blind in the same building where all the parts for Perkins Braillers are made.
How can I have my brailler repaired or serviced?
- You may ship it to any of the authorized repair centers around the world. Contact the local repair center for information on how to ship the brailler and the cost of repair.
- You may send it to Perkins Solutions.
Instructions for sending your Perkins Brailler® to the Perkins Solutions Repair Center:
- Place the brailler in a box for safe shipping. Allow 2 inches between the widest part of the brailler (feed knobs) and the box. While a brailler box with inserts is ideal, you may also use newspaper to pad the brailler. Don't use Styrofoam peanuts, as they will damage the interior of the brailler.
- Include a detailed description of what needs repair.
- Include your contact information so we can contact you to notify you of the repair charges. Most repairs are between $80 and $125 and usually take about one week.
- MAIL TO:
175 North Beacon Street
Watertown, MA 02472
If you are shipping within the United States, the brailler can be shipped from you to the repair center free, categorized as 'Free Matter for the Blind'. Contact your local post office for instructions. Repairs often are included under the Federal Quota System and therefore may qualify for reimbursement.
If you live outside the United States, contact one of the authorized repair centers for information on how to ship the brailler and the cost of repair.
Where can I get parts for my brailler?
- You can buy them from our website.
- From any of the brailler repair specialists.
- Call us at 617-972-7308 or email email@example.com.
Perkins Solutions offers two week brailler repair workshops in the United States and at locations around the world.